Advisory Committee on College Readiness
Helping to Shape post-secondary StrategiesThe Advisory Committee on College Readiness includes higher education executive officers from PARCC states and other state- and nationally-recognized leaders in the postsecondary community.
They have worked with the PARCC Governing Board to shape the states' strategy for working with postsecondary education systems, institutions, and K-12 to develop college readiness assessments that will be accepted as an indicator of readiness for first-year college courses. The committee is helping to guide the process of setting performance levels on the PARCC test to meet the needs of higher education in determining student readiness.
The committee is also working to develop and/or identify effective intervention programs to increase the number of high school seniors who graduate ready for college.
- Tom Bullock — Assistant Professor of Mathematics, University of the District of Columbia
- Dr. Barbara Damron — Cabinet Secretary, New Mexico Higher Education Department
- Dr. Richard Freeland — Commissioner, Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
- Lt. Governor Joseph Garcia — Executive Director, Colorado Department of Higher Education
- Rochelle Hendricks — Secretary of Higher Education, New Jersey
- James D. Fielder, Jr., Ph.D. — Secretary, Maryland Higher Education Commission
- Jim Purcell — Commissioner, Rhode Island Office of the Postsecondary Commissioner
- James Applegate — Executive Director, Illinois Board of Higher Education
- Molly Broad — President, American Council on Education
- Dr. Muriel Howard — President, American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Stan Jones — President, Complete College America
- Dr. George Pernsteiner — President, State Higher Education Executive Officers
- Dr. Carol Geary Schneider — President, American Association of Colleges & Universities